About the journal
Aims and scope
Adoption & Fostering is a quarterly peer reviewed journal which has been at the cutting edge of debate on childcare issues for over 50 years. It is the only UK journal dedicated to adoption and fostering issues, providing an international forum for a wide range of professionals, academics and practitioners in social work, psychology, law, medicine, education, training and caring for children and young people.
- an all-round perspective on developments in adoption and fostering, including support for foster carers and adoptive parents
- a wide range of insightful and thought-provoking articles, each scrutinised by members of our expert panel of academics and practitioners
- special editions focusing on key themes, eg education; listening to children; kinship care; multiculturalism, identity and family placement; and Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- health notes and legal notes for England & Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- abstracts from other relevant publications
- online access for subscribers including back issues to 1999.