Making good fostering assessments
Date: 07 Mar 2017 - 08 Mar 2017
Signing Tree Conference Centre, (located at) The Deaf Cultural Centre, Ladywood Road, Birmingham, B16 8SZ
Conference time: 10am - 4pm
This two-day workshop will provide an opportunity for panel members/practitioners who may be new to undertaking fostering assessments. It also provides an opportunity to refresh knowledge skills and practice in completing assessments and to share good practice with colleagues.
- To explore best practice in the completion of the Prospective Foster Carer(s) Report (Form F)
- To understand the need for rigorous checks and references, in assessments.
- To explore ways of assessing applicants’ motivation to foster.
- To understand the importance of analysis and the role of “gut feelings” in assessments.
- To consider the impact of personal values and assumptions on the assessment process.
- To develop assessment tools and techniques to integrate with current practice.
Telephone: 0207 520 2041/43