Child & Family Therapist - part-time
Salary:Circa £33,625 pro rata
Hours per week:3 days
Location:Yorkshire, North East & Humberside
Closing date for applications:07 Apr 2017
Interview date:24 Apr 2017
Joining us, you will:
- Take an active role in the provision and development of our assessment and therapeutic work with adopted and permanently placed children and adolescents, together with their parents/carers.
- Have an active interest in, and experience of, working with children and adolescents who experienced early life trauma prior to their adoptive placement (or other permanent placement).
- Have an active interest in, and experience of, working with parents and carers who parent (or will be parenting) previously traumatised children and adolescents.
- Have an active interest in working with people of different racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Work closely with other team members.
- Be flexible in working with children and their families at times of crisis. Some evening work will be required. Travelling is a pre-requisite for this post and it is essential you have use of your own transportation.
- Possess the confidence and experience to work with children, young people and their families in their own home environment.
To be successful, you will have:
- A professional qualification in a relevant field e.g. child/adolescent/family or creative arts therapies, psychotherapy, psychology, social work, occupational therapy, counselling.
- Additional training to work specifically with children and families if this has not been your core training.
- Experience, knowledge and skills in working with adopted or looked after children, their families, carers and professional networks.
For further details and an application form, please visit :
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: Friday 7th April 2017
Interview date: Monday 24th or Tuesday 25th April 2017
020 7284 0555