Managing allegations and monitoring standards of care in foster care
Foster carers are susceptible to allegations and/or complaints which will impact on the whole fostering household and their future as care givers. How should we as a profession respond to these situations in a sensitive, timely manner, whilst giving due regard to the safeguarding of children as well as the needs of carers and their household?
This open course will address the process for distinguishing standards of care concerns from allegations or complaints, with opportunities to share good practice in recruiting, reviewing and supporting foster carers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Foster carers, fostering social workers, managers and fostering panels.
25 places available.
- To focus practice on safeguarding the child
- To consider the importance of panel, supervision and foster carer reviews in monitoring the needs of the child /young person and the capacity of foster carers to meet these needs
- To consider the legislative framework and best practice in managing allegations and monitoring standards of care
- To be familiar with the process for distinguishing standards of care concerns from allegations or complaints
- To identify ways of managing risk in foster care in order to reduce and minimise safeguarding concerns
- To consider the importance of positive relationships between foster carers, professionals and the fostering service that includes developing and sharing good practice as well as addressing concerns in a timely way
Carline Benoit - CoramBAAF Trainer Consultant
* Facilitator subject to change
Registration 9.30 am – 9.55 am*
Start 10.00 am*
Close 4.00 pm*
*Times subject to change
Full or associate CoramBAAF member £105.00 + £21.00 VAT - Total £126.00
Individual CoramBAAF member £85.00 + £17.00 VAT - Total £102.00
Non-member £130.00 + £26.00 VAT - Total £156.00
Telephone 020 7520 2041/43
MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNT FOR OPEN COURSES
Don't forget to log into your account before checkout to receive your membership discount on workshop bookings. Not a member of CoramBAAF? Read about the benefits of CoramBAAF membership for individuals and organisations.
Need help logging in? If you’re having trouble logging in, please this page for help.