Train the Trainers: Delivering Preparation Courses for Early Permanence Carers
This one-day open course has been adapted from an earlier two-day course which was designed to ensure that participants understand the range of issues covered in Early Permanence training and could deliver various exercises in a way that engages attendees and ensures maximum participation. The course will now also cover how the materials can be adapted and used when delivering this training virtually.
Everyone who completes the course will receive access to all the materials necessary to deliver the training within their LA or RAA, including:
- A copy of the Early Permanence Training Manual
- Online access to the preparation group PowerPoint presentations
- Videos of EP carers describing their experiences, including a couple who talk about how the baby they were caring for was returned to the care of a relative
- Workbooks for prospective carers who attend the EP Prep Groups.
The training will be delivered by Elaine Dibben, Adoption Development Consultant, CoramBAAF and Hannah Moss, Early Permanence Lead, Coram.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The EP training course needs two members of staff to deliver it and participants for this training are asked to deliver a session as part of the training – we will therefore only accept applications from at least two staff members from an LA or RAA who are able to work together unless there are previous staff in the agency who have attended earlier courses. We recommend identifying members of staff who between them have experience of care proceedings and adoption as well as of delivering training.
17 places available.
At the end of the day participants will be able to:
- Use information and knowledge acquired to plan and deliver sessions from Day 1 and 2 of the Coram EP training programme.
- Consider training techniques to deliver engaging and useful training sessions in both face to face and virtual training programmes.
- Reflect on the challenges for trainers delivering the modules and identify any gaps in their own skills and knowledge that they will need to strengthen to deliver the training in their own agency.
Full or associate CoramBAAF member £105.00 + £21.00 VAT - Total £126.00
Individual CoramBAAF member £85.00 + £17.00 VAT - Total £102.00
Non-member £130.00 + £26.00 VAT - Total £156.00
Adopters/Fosters carers £85.00 + £17.00 VAT - Total £102.00
Student discount for all fees - 20%
For more information call 020 7520 2041/43 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNT FOR OPEN COURSES
Log into your account before checkout to receive your membership discount. Don't have a login? Your organisation may already be in membership, if so set up your account quickly and easily here. Not a member of CoramBAAF? Read about the benefits of CoramBAAF membership for individuals and organisations.
Sorry, but this event has passed and tickets can no longer be purchased.