Train the Trainers: Delivering Preparation Courses for Early Permanence Carers (two-day course)
Participants who are going to deliver the Coram Early Permanence training programme need to attend this two-day Train the Trainers course which will ensure that they understand the range of issues covered and can deliver the various exercises in a way that engages the participants and ensures their maximum participation.
The course will introduce attendees to all the materials and give them the opportunity to practice using the materials and presenting them to other attendees during the course of the two-day training as part of their learning. Everyone who completes the course will receive access to all the materials necessary to deliver the training within their LA or RAA, including:
- A copy of the Early Permanence Training Manual
- Online access to the preparation group PowerPoint presentations
- Videos of EP carers describing their experiences, including a couple who talk about how the baby they were caring for was returned to the care of a relative
- Workbooks for prospective carers who attend the EP Prep Groups.
The training will be delivered by Hannah Moss, Early Permanence Lead, Coram and Elaine Dibben, Adoption Development Consultant, CoramBAAF.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The EP training course needs two members of staff to deliver it and participants for this training are asked to deliver a session as part of the training – we will therefore only accept applications from at least 2 staff members from an LA or RAA who are able to work together over the 2 days. We recommend identifying members of staff who between them have experience of care proceedings and adoption as well as of delivering training.
17 places available.
At the end of the 2 days participants will be able to:
- Use the information and knowledge acquired to plan and deliver sessions from Day 1 and 2 of the Coram EP training programme
- Utilise a variety of training techniques to deliver engaging and useful training sessions
- Reflect on the challenges for trainers delivering the modules and identify any gaps in their own skills and knowledge that they will need to strengthen to deliver the training in their own agency
Fixed rate of £258.00 inc VAT for both members and non-members.
For more information call Rosie Hankin on 020 7520 2041/43 or email [email protected]
Sorry, but this is fully booked and tickets can no longer be purchased.