Receive a 10% discount if you book your place at this workshop before 21 January 2020 (discount will be automatically applied at the checkout). Limited availability - book early to avoid disappointment.
This course will familiarise social workers with the legal framework, process and forms required in assessing Connected Persons (family and friends) as potential foster carers. It will consider the intricate complexities and dilemmas that Connected Persons placements can involve and how these placements can best be supported.
This guide focuses primarily on Section C of Form C which requires information about the applicant – historical and current – and how it is relevant to their suitability to be foster carers or special guardians for known children. This includes descriptive information about the applicant, information about their relationships and networks, and consideration of their parenting capacity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Family placement social workers
- Workers involved in the assessment and approval of foster carers
Participants will be able to:
- Reflect on current legislation, practice and research in family and friends care
- Explore personal and professional values and thresholds in respect of family and friends care
- Identify current dilemmas in the assessment process of family and Connected Persons and the importance of identifying strengths and risks, including those relating to safeguarding
- Consider tools to enhance assessment considerations
- Work with the CoramBAAF Form C
Full or associate CoramBAAF member £105.00 + £21.00 VAT - Total £126.00
Individual CoramBAAF member £85.00 + £17.00 VAT - Total £102.00
Non-member £130.00 + £26.00 VAT - Total £156.00
MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNT FOR WORKSHOPS
Don't forget to log into your account before checkout to receive your membership discount on workshop bookings. Not a member of CoramBAAF? Read about the benefits of CoramBAAF membership for individuals and organisations.
Need help logging in?