This is a 2 days a week, permanent position - there are monthly Adoption/Fostering panel meetings alongside the 2 days a week in the office.
This is a flexible position with the ability to be able to work from home.
The principal role of the Panel Adviser is to provide professional advice to the panels.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that arrangements for panel are coordinated in advance, run smoothly on the day, and that follow-up actions and reports happen as required.
The post holder will also have responsibility for ensuring that appropriately experienced and qualified panel members are recruited, inducted and receive training and annual appraisals.
Some key responsibilities:
- To act as the professional adviser regarding panel procedures and practices, the impact of any recommendations made by the panel and all relevant current proposed government legislation and guidelines.
- To be the main reference point for the council’s adoption & fostering staff concerning panel policies, procedures, expectations and outcomes
- To Assist the Head of Adoption & Fostering Service in consultation with the panel chairperson, in the appointment, termination and review of members of the adoption & fostering panels
To be successful in this position:
- You need to have a recognised social work qualification, along with substantial post qualification experience, ideally as a Senior Social Worker or Manager level in an adoption service.
- You need to have good knowledge and comprehension of child care legislation, regulation, guidance and minimum standards, particularly relating to adoption & fostering