1. Recruitment of prospective adoptive parents for children placed from local authority care, which includes participating in a duty-rota, input into marketing and advertising materials and participation in media campaigns.
2. Assist when necessary in the co-facilitation of Agency group preparation and assessment groups.
3. Completion of comprehensive, evidence-based assessments to CoramBAAF prospective adopter report guidelines.
4. Provision of support and advice to newly approved applicants who are being linked with children.
5. Post-placement support to children and families.
6. Preparation of reports for statutory reviews post placement and court reports for adoption hearings.
7. The provision of comprehensive adoption support services, which includes work with both children and adults.
8. Work with staff and service users to promote a safe working environment, equality of opportunity and anti-discrimination
9. Contribution to the design and delivery of training courses for Local Authorities and other voluntary adoption agencies.
10. Input into the development and delivery of a range of enhanced adoption and adoption support services on behalf of the agency.
11. To contribute to the development of new services.
Other Tasks and Responsibilities:
• To adequately prepare for and participate in monthly supervision with the Adoption Manager.
• To commit to flexible working hours, including some evening and week-end work, for which time in lieu can be claimed.
• To be responsible for the efficient management of a caseload and to ensure that case records are comprehensive and consistently kept up-to-date.
• To accept responsibility for personal professional development.
• To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of government initiatives and directives in adoption policy and practice.
• To undertake other duties which may be identified as appropriate, or suitable for the post-holder in the furtherance of the aims of the Agency
• To share in the responsibility for liaison with Local Authorities and other Agencies, to ensure that they are informed of the full range of services which Adopt Together and Faith in Families provides, and to ensure that users have access to services which we ourselves may not provide.
• To actively communicate and disseminate the work of the Agency and promote an understanding of the Agency’s role, locally, regionally and nationally as appropriate.
The job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post-holder but, in the interests of effective working, those tasks may be reviewed from time-to-time, reflecting changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and any consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post-holder.
For an informal discussion about the above posts, please contact Claire Hurst, Adoption Manager on 07785629844. The Agency is an Equal Opportunities Employer and successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS and must be Social Work England Registered.
For an Information Pack for all of the above posts (which contains an application form to be completed), visit www.faithinfamilies.org/vacancies
Completed applications can be returned to email@example.com
01159558811( Office)07912308644 (Mobile)