PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To carry out work as required to enable the agency to provide a comprehensive adoption service.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Chief Executive from time to time.
1. Recruitment, preparation and assessment of families for children referred to the agency, including presentation of PARs at panel meetings.
2. Provide good liaison with care agencies in order to match suitable children with approved applicants and in co-operation with the placing agency to support the applicants both pre and post placement, including where necessary post adoption. To attend planning meetings, reviews and Court as necessary.
3. To offer advice and, where appropriate, counselling to birth parents and extended families, adoptive parents and extended families and adoptees.
4. To attend staff and team meetings and supervision with Line Manager. To participate in the Advice Line.
5. To be a member of a team expanding its philosophy and its commitment in the field of adoption and permanency and to share in the agency’s development plans. To comply with the agency’s statutory obligations, including adoption and safeguarding of children.
6. At all times when carrying out principal responsibilities to maintain financial and budgetary awareness and ensure that operation management approval is obtained for any expenditure outside own delegated maximum.
7. To share the agency’s commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
8. Undertake other work as directed up to and at a level commensurate with the principal accountabilities of the job.
Additional tasks according to time and special interests
a) Practice teacher tasks.
b) Input to training events, within and outside the agency.
c) Talks on behalf of the agency, including information evenings.
d) Direct therapeutic work with children.
e) To be involved in the letterbox system for post adoption information exchanges.
f) To offer access to information for adult adoptees and a tracing and intermediary service for adopted people and birth relatives.
g) To be involved in recruitment and advertising projects, including information evenings.
h) Independent advice and support service to birth parents and relatives who face losing a child to adoption.
i) Advice, assessment and support to people considering adopting a child from overseas.
j) Non-agency adoptions, eg partner adoptions.
k) Special projects on behalf of the agency.
l) Car owner, requirement to drive is essential to this role.
Undertake other work of an equivalent nature and level as directed by management including, but not limited to the following:
• Liaise and co-operate with other staff, social workers, management and officers of the Agency, medical and legal advisers, DBS, health and education authorities, government departments, social services offices and external suppliers and contractors.
• At all times during the employment conform to the security measures of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and to the safety of self and others in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and the Fire Safety Order 2005
• At all times during employment fully support and demonstrate our values in relation to equal opportunities and diversity, as outlined in our Equal Opportunities Statement.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required.
Members of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
24 days Holiday (Plus a Long Service Holiday Award after 5 Years).
Access to the Employee Assistance Programme, 24/7 Wellbeing Support.
Person Specification, download and complete the application form before returning it via email or post to:
Early application is encouraged as we review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Post: FAO HR Department, Adoption Matters, 14 Liverpool Road, Chester, CH2 1AE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT CV’S
Please be advised that interviews will take place through Microsoft Teams.
If you require any more information please contact our HR team on Tel: 01244 390 938
Adoption Matters is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people therefore please note our recruitment procedure includes DBS checks and other relevant employment checks, including the right to work in the UK.