Designation: Adoption Social Worker
Accountability: The person appointed will work as a member of an experienced social work team and will be accountable to Practice Manager.
Primary Purpose: The postholder will be part of a team that aims to provide creative and forward thinking adoption services and will be expected to undertake a range of work within the area of family placement.
1. To recruit, prepare and undertake robust and analytical adoption assessments. These tasks will include: attendance at Introduction days & drop in events, Stage 1 and 2 assessments and providing some aspect of training to prospective adopters.
2. To facilitate the linking and matching of children with adoptive families both regionally and nationally. The children will primarily be in the care of Local Authorities and subject to child care plans promoting permanency through substitute family care. The work in matching will therefore require skills in negotiating and planning inter-agency agreements and adoption support assessments and work collaboratively with the Local Authorities and the RAA’s.
3. Being responsible for Post Adoption Support Cases, completing assessments of need, providing professional advice and signposting.
4. Co/Facilitating groups, training and workshops through The Centre and CCS as necessary.
5. Presentation of Prospective Adopter’s Report (PAR) to Adoption Panel.
6. Participate in planning meetings and assist in defining clear goals and plans for children in line with adoption legislation.
7. To keep accurate written records of case work and maintain confidentiality at all times.
8. To advise, support and supervise placements as required, including Early Permanence placements and Foster to Adopt.
9. To undertake some tracing and intermediary work for adopted adults wishing to seek information from their birth records.
10. To attend Team Meetings and contribute to all aspects of the Team’s learning and development of good practice.
11. To share in the responsibility for liaison with other Adoption agencies and relevant professional practice groups.
12. To participate in training and continuous professional development in order to maintain a detailed understanding of current childcare and adoption legislation and practice.
13. To play a part in communicating the work of the Agency’s role in the wider community.
14. To undertake further duties at the request of the Practice Manager or Head of Adoption.
The Job Description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder but in the interests of effective working, those tasks may be reviewed from time to time, reflecting the changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and any consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder.
All social workers are required to uphold the “Standards of Proficiency” as described by the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council).
CCS Adoption is a Voluntary Adoption Agency and registered charity. Continuously Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted (for over 10 years), we find permanent, loving homes for children who are waiting to be adopted. We also offer a wide range of post-adoption support services for adoptive families in the region through The Centre for Adoption Support & Education. We are committed to maintaining this high level of performance and developing further the innovative services we provide for children and adoptive families.
We provide a range of generous staff benefits:
25 annual leave days (On a Full Time basis), statutory bank holidays plus additional 2 days over Easter, an additional day in May and the office is closed between Christmas and New Year. As an employer we take the Well-being of our staff seriously, we also provide access to the Cycle to Work, Eye care schemes and an Employee Assistance Programme.
CCS is an equal opportunities employer and is keen to receive applications from individuals representing all demographics of society and would particularly welcome applications from individuals from BAME & LGBTQIA+ communities.
To apply, please download the Job description, Person Specification, and complete the Application Form from https://www.ccsadoption.org/who-we-are/work-for-us/ Please return your completed application form along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address on our Contact Us page
If you wish to discuss the role further please contact Steve Williamson and request a call back from Andrea Viner, Charlie Delahunty or Emma Simpson.
0117 935 0005