We are looking for a Fostering Social Worker to join our team working 37 hours a week. This will be mainly Monday to Friday during the day but there will be some flexibility required to meet the needs of the service.
We are a small, developing fostering service, located in Doncaster but covering the Yorkshire and Humber area.
You will be responsible for providing support to foster placements. Fostering experience and knowledge of fostering regulations is essential for this position. You will be part of a small team and will have had exposure to managing multi agency partnerships. This position also requires a strong understanding of the therapeutic model including PACE.
Our team consists of social workers, and referral officers We also work in partnership with Chrysalis psychology services who support our therapeutic work with children and young people.
The team including foster carers are trained to a high standard; understanding attachment and trauma work along with specific interventions.
What is the role?
By providing professional supervision and developmental support, including advice and guidance to fostering families and colleagues from other agencies where appropriate, including being part of an Out of Hours Service (through participation in rota) providing support 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year.
The successful applicant will be part of an aspirational fostering team of Social Workers. You will be expected to uphold the core values and beliefs of the organisation, ensuring that children, young people and foster carers receive a high-quality service and that commissioners' expectations and contractual requirements are met. This will be instilled through effective day to day delivery of a high quality fostering service.
What will you need?
- A Diploma in Social Work or equivalent
- Current HCPC registration
- Supervisory experience in a regulatory environment
- Ability to keep the service regulatory safe
- Strong ethos of keeping the child at the centre
- Strong sense of ability to support therapeutic needs of children
- A stable career history and experience of fostering services
- Access to a vehicle due to being required to travel across Yorkshire and The Humber area is essential.
What are the rewards?
- Minimum 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme, up to 7% employer match
- Ability to buy and sell holiday
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
Plus, there's a lot more besides.
How does Action for Children work?
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 301,000 children, young people and their families – but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
If you really want to make a difference and be a part of an amazing team, don't hesitate, apply now!