Full Time Permanent Position
This position offers stability, a supportive team dynamic, excellent training opportunities, a good salary and car allowance.
£25k (newly qualified) to £33k package depending on experience.
Acorn House places a high value on allowing their social work staff to spend as much time as possible working directly with foster carers and young people. As such caseloads are limited and you would be expected to complete Form F Assessments. Home working is available following induction - position is 'North West based'. Head office is Oldham (2 mins from Junction 22 M60)
Acorn House works hard to maintain the ‘family feel’ of the agency so that we can provide a personal and friendly service to all our carers.
If you are looking to move in to a more autonomous role, but with support as required, this should be of interest.
Experience required and duties of the role:
• Social Work Qualification and SWE registration
• Knowledge of family placement work experience – preferably 2 years desired fostering experience as a Supervising Social Worker
• Understanding and ability to assess foster carers using the current BAAF Form F
• Excellent assessment / analytical skills
• Development of the Agency
• Experience of recruiting foster carers
• Support and supervision of existing foster carers
• Carrying complex cases when required
• Experience working with children and families
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
• Ability to work independently and under pressure and to prioritise work and to manage your caseload
• Experience, understanding and knowledge of relevant looked after children and leaving care legislation
• To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
• To carry out reviews of foster families.
• To investigate complaints
• To address issues of poor practice
• To support and attend foster carer support groups as needed
• To assist with the delivery of training to foster carers.
• Ability to develop and promote improvements in practice and to implement findings in a social work organisation
• Flexibility to work within core hours which on occasions may include evenings and weekends (flexible working patterns)
• You must hold a full driving licence, own your own vehicle and hold business insurance for your vehicle
• Partake in an out of hours rota as required
• Excellent IT skills.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to work without supervision. The SSW will occasionally be responsible for responding to LA Referrals – we have a full time Placements Duty Team who lead this
This is fantastic opportunity for a knowledgeable and experienced social worker with knowledge of family placement to really influence and be a part of growing a service. In return you will be working in an organisation dedicated to excellence, good support and training of staff.
In the first instance, we are looking at CV’s then shortlisting within 2-3 working days of receiving the CV. All applicants will receive an 'application pack' via email. We will then request a completed application form and invite shortlisted applicants to interview at our Oldham office (or via Zoom). You will be expected to deliver a 10-15 minute presentation on a fostering subject. We will give you the subject matter a week before the interview date.
The interview panel will be made up of a Director and Registered Manager. The members of the panel will score the set questions separately and the total scores for each candidate will be collated following the interview. The successful candidate will be informed within 24 hours.
The closing date for registering interest is 31st May 2021 .
• Work from home opportunities
• Flexible working hours
• On-site parking
• Company pension
• Casual dress
We have a full risk assessment available for COVID-19 and expect all staff and visitors to comply with safety measures that we have put in place.