Experience required and duties of the role:
• Social Work Qualification and Social Work England registration
• Knowledge and family placement work experience – at least 2 years fostering experience as a Supervising Social Worker
• Understanding and ability to assess foster carers using CoramBAAF Form F
• Excellent assessment / analytical skills
• Development of the Agency
• Experience of recruiting foster carers
• Support and supervision of existing foster carers
• Carrying complex cases when required
• Experience working with children and families
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
• Ability to work remotely and under pressure and to prioritise work and to manage your caseload
• Experience, understanding and knowledge of relevant looked after children and leaving care legislation
• To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
• To carry out an annual reviews of foster families.
• To support and attend a foster carer support groups as needed.
• Ability to develop and promote improvements in practice and to implement findings in a social work organisation
• Flexibility to work flexible working patterns
• You must be a car driver, own your own vehicle and hold business insurance for your vehicle
• Partaking in out of hours rota as required (usually one week in five)
• Excellent IT skills.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to work without supervision.
The SSW will not be responsible for responding to LA Referrals – we have a Duty Team who will liaise with them for any potential placement.
This is fantastic opportunity for a knowledgeable and experienced fostering social worker to really influence and be a part of growing a service. In return you will be working in an organisation dedicated to excellence, good support and training of staff with excellent career prospects.
Please send across your CV’s in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org and request the following:
• Job Description / Person Spec
• Application Form
• Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy
• Equal Opportunity Policy
• Fair Processing and Consent to DBS Checks
• DBS Code of Practice
We are an equal opportunities employer and operate a zero tolerance policy.
This Agency is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, panel members and foster carers to share this commitment.