• To act as a role model and source of professional expertise in relation to current best practice in adoption.
• To uphold statutory requirements of both adoption and children’s legislation, plus any Departmental requirements.
• To manage the assessment and support of prospective adopters during the adoption process.
• To manage the family finding of children with a plan for adoption.
• To manage the support available to children placed for adoption prior to the Adoption Order being made.
• To contribute and lead an identified practice lead within the Adoption Service.
• To maintain an up to date record of activity on case files in line with the department case recording policy
• To promote and comply with Safeguarding procedures
• Record details of assessments on the system; collate cohort and trend data, monitor outcomes and respond to data requests.
Why work with us in Chelmsford?
• Working in a highly motivated, innovative and supported team
• A commitment to securing best outcomes for children
• Essex have a flexible working policy programme that, where possible, fits with family life and work life balance
• There is the opportunity to enhance your experience in court work as well as child protection and child in need practice policies and procedures
• Training/Workshops on the context of Adoption
• Support to workers to include regular supervision, group supervision, workshops and reflective practise.
• Based in modern, friendly and pleasant offices in Chelmsford which have good transport links to motorways.
033 3013 5888