The CoramBAAF Special Guardianship Interest Group (SGIG) is open to all CoramBAAF members and meets four times a year (twice for our members in the North and twice for our members in the South) to share developing policy, good practice and practice dilemmas in Special Guardianship placements.
Benefits for members
- Provides an opportunity for professionals involved in Special Guardianship placements to discuss latest developments and practice issues.
- Gain input from CoramBAAF’s Legal Consultant on relevant case law and its implications.
- Meetings are attended by a representative from the Department for Education.
- Access to summary reports of previous meetings.
- Members receive updates and presentations on relevant research projects and various evidence-based parenting programmes.
The SGIG is convened four times a year and is chaired by Louise Sims, Kinship Care and Fostering Consultant, CoramBAAF.
Future meeting dates:
- March 2021 (Date tbc), 11am-3pm via Zoom