Who we are
CoramBAAF Training and Consultancy
CoramBAAF has extensive expertise and insight into the adoption and fostering sector in the UK. We work at the highest levels from influencing Ministers and government policy through to working with partners, children, families and panels to ensure we’re always in tune with the latest developments and practice.
Our training programmes have been informed and developed using these insights as well as drawing on recognised and accomplished Our experts in health, disability, education, diversity, law and research. Our programmes are delivered by trainers who are highly experienced childcare practitioners to help you develop and maintain practitioner skills at the cutting edge.
We offer a wide variety of training, the majority of which can be tailored to your organisation. We also provide workshops, seminars and conferences across the UK on a comprehensive range of topics. In addition we collaborate with a growing number of universities to provide accredited post-qualifying courses leading to academic and professional awards.
Our core training courses cover a wide range of topics and can be modified to suit individual and organisation needs. Where possible all courses will be mapped to the relevant training support and development standards.
Take a look at look at this this section to see how we can help you develop and maintain your skills up-to-date.
The child care workforce is currently under tremendous pressure. A high level of vacancies, difficulty in retaining staff, media scrutiny and anxiety about being seen to ‘get it right’ are all too common factors in working life. Busy practitioners face daily challenges in keeping up to date with research, practice development and the legislative framework, all in the context of a rapidly changing world.
At CoramBAAF we know that we cannot solve all the difficulties. Through our provision of training we hope to assist you to work more efficiently and effectively and help you to fulfill the professional registration requirement for on- going training as well as personal development.
- We are committed to empowering everyone who works with children and young people to offer the highest possible standards of care to those children and their families.
- We aim to work collaboratively with agencies in order to identify the most appropriate way of meeting the learning and developmental needs of agency staff and carers.
- Our trainers are committed to anti-discriminatory practice and demonstrate this in the way that training is devised and delivered.
- We seek to develop training which is both stimulating and participatory, which takes account of a broad range of learning styles and which recognises participants’ prior knowledge and experience.
- We treat all learners sensitively and respectfully and listen to feedback and learn from post-course evaluation.