CORE COURSE OUTLINE. Visit our learning events programme to see full details of our future workshops, conference and seminars.
This course will enable those chairing panel meetings to discuss common issues and dilemmas as well as to exchange best practice. An overview of current developments in adoption and fostering, including the impact of Adoption Statutory Guidance 2014 and Adoption National Minimum Standards 2014, will be the starting point for the training.
Who should attend?
- Chairs of adoption and fostering panels
- Vice chairs of adoption and fostering panels
- People being considered for the above roles
Participants will be able to:
- Consider the legislation that underpins the work of adoption and fostering panels
- Understand the tasks and responsibilities of adoption and fostering panel chairs
- Identify the relevant skills and knowledge needed in order to effectively chair adoption and fostering panel meetings
- Increase their awareness of how panel members' personal values and histories impact on the panel process
- Share best practice