The CoramBAAF Research Group provides members with a forum to discuss research projects in development or that have been recently completed.
Benefits for members
- Access to information on the latest research in the field of social work.
- Access to free seminars three times a year which each include two presentations and a discussion on a research project in development or recently completed.
- Access to papers / handouts from the above.
- Members of the group are eligible to be nominated to join the Research Group Advisory Committee as and when vacancies arise.
- Access to minutes of the Research Group Advisory Committee.
The group meets three times a year: January, May and October and are chaired by Dr Derek Kirton, Reader in Social Policy and Social Work, University of Kent.
Future dates will appear here shortly.
Membership of the group
Membership is free and open to appropriately qualified individual members of CoramBAAF and representatives of agencies with corporate membership of CoramBAAF. These can include:
- Individual members who are employed as researchers or who are practitioners interested in and applying relevant research.
- Student members undertaking research.
- Researchers employed by corporate members of CoramBAAF.