Please note membership of the committee is by invitation / nomination only.
Aims and purpose of the committee
- Advise CoramBAAF, its member agencies, individual members of CoramBAAF and other relevant child care agencies regarding policy, practice, resources and procedure concerning black and minority ethnic children, their foster carers, adoptive parents and their birth families.
- Promote positive outcomes for black and minority ethnic children and young people who are looked after by local authorities, particularly those children who are unable to live with their birth families.
Benefits for members
- Guidance on policy and practice regarding the placement of black and minority ethnic children.
The group meets three times a year: February, May and October. It is chaired by Steve O’Loughlin, Independent Social Work Consultant.
Membership of the committee
- Vacancies are filled by invitation from BMEPAC members
- Prospective members must be a member of CoramBAAF
How can I find out more about this committee?
If you are interested in joining this committee please contact firstname.lastname@example.org