CORE COURSE OUTLINE. Visit our learning events programme to see full details of our future workshops, conference and seminars.
This course will enable recently appointed fostering panel members to explore the legal context within which they are working, to consider their roles and responsibilities, and to share issues, dilemmas and best practice. Participants will receive a copy of Effective fostering panels by Sarah Borthwick and Jenifer Lord.
Who should attend?
- New and recently appointed fostering panel members
Participants will be able to:
- Consider the legislation, guidance and standards that underpin the work of panels
- Understand the tasks and responsibilities of the panel and its members
- Acknowledge and value the different skills and abilities that individual members bring to the panel
- Develop their role as effective panel members