Please note membership of the committee is by invitation / nomination only.
The learning from the work of the Foster Carer Advisory Committee will help to further our mission to improve the lives of children and young people in care.
Aims and purpose of the committee
- Facilitate understanding of the lived experience of foster care
- Contribute to practice improvement
- Improve the standards of foster care
- Assist CoramBAAF in developing publications, practice guidelines, forms and training opportunities on foster care.
- Influence local and national policy.
The group meets four times a year: January, April, July and October. It is chaired by a member of the committee and supported by CoramBAAF.
Membership of the committee
Each year we will write to CoramBAAF members to invite nominations for election in order to fill any vacancies arising and ensure regional representation. Nominees have to be foster carers to be eligible for nomination.
How can I find out more about this committee?
Please contact Daniel.Murdoch@corambaaf.org.uk