Please note membership of the committee is by invitation / nomination only.
Aims and purpose of the committee
- Facilitate understanding and the interchange of information among lawyers, social workers and others concerned with adoption, fostering and the welfare of children.
- Consider, comment and advise CoramBAAF on legal/social/procedural issues relating to adoption, fostering and the welfare of children and support for their families.
- Provide opportunities for lawyers and social workers and other relevant professionals to keep up-to-date with law and practice concerning adoption, fostering and the welfare of children and support for their families.
- Assist CoramBAAF in promoting and facilitating conferences, training events, publications and research into the legal and practice aspects of adoption, fostering and the welfare of children and support for their families.
- Encourage the proper use of legal advisers by adoption and fostering agencies.
- Make representations to government, parliamentarians, local authorities and other stakeholders on legislation and policy.
The group meets three times a year: March, July and November and is chaired by Alexandra Conroy-Harris, CoramBAAF Legal Consultant.
Membership of the committee
- Nominations are usually only invited once a year, in advance of the Annual Meeting, when terms are reviewed.
- Each year CoramBAAF writes to all members of the Legal Group to invite nominations for election in order to fill any vacancies arising in advance of the Annual Meeting.
- Nominees have to be a member of CoramBAAF’s Legal Group to be eligible to be nominated.
How can I find out more about this committee?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Members can read the minutes of the committee meetings here.