CORE COURSE OUTLINE. Visit our learning events programme to see full details of our future workshops, conference and seminars.
Effective panels are crucial to the delivery of a good adoption and fostering service. The efficient administration of panels is a complex task that is essential to the smooth and effective operation of panels. This course will develop the knowledge and skills of workers employed in the key role of Panel Administrator.
Who should attend?
- Administrators of adoption and fostering panels
- Minute takers of adoption and fostering panels
Participants will be able to:
- Consider the legislative framework in relation to the work of adoption and fostering panels
- Develop a full understanding of the role of the panel and their part in it
- Consider the work involved in the whole panel process, including preparation and follow-up action
- Appreciate the skills and knowledge needed to take clear, accurate and helpful minutes
- Share practice and experience in undertaking the role of the Panel Administrator