CORE COURSE OUTLINE. Visit our learning events programme to see full details of our future workshops, conference and seminars.
This course will enable participants to increase their understanding of the role of permanence in children's lives. By reflecting on best practice, it will help those attending to form permanence plans that are geared to improving the outcomes for children and young people, including their emotional, cognitive and physical development.
Who should attend?
- Children's social workers
- Fostering and adoption social workers
- Social work managers
Participants will be able to:
- Consider the importance of early intervention and planning for looked after children
- Understand the routes to permanence for all children and the options available
- Review attachment and child development in permanence planning and the child's timeframe
- Develop an understanding of the legislative framework, pre-proceedings and court timescales
- Reflect on messages from research and the implications for early intervention and permanency planning