Receive a 10% discount if you book your place at this workshop before 24 April 2019 (discount will be automatically applied at the checkout). Limited availability - book early to avoid disappointment.
Analysing adult health assessments is a key element of assessing adopters and foster carers. This includes providing reports and evidence-based comments so that panels can reach appropriate decisions. This workshop is designed to support medical advisers in their role. It is particularly suitable for new or inexperienced medical advisers.
The workshop will consider:
- the specific role of the medical adviser when reporting on adult health assessments of adopters / foster carers
- the issues that arise from adult health reports brought to panels including obesity, smoking and mental health as well as alcohol and cannabis use.
Undertaking a health assessment is designed to help health professionals to utilise the various CoramBAAF health forms that contribute to comprehensive evidence-based health assessments of looked after children, including those with an adoption plan, and prospective foster carers, adopters and kinship carers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Medical advisers to fostering and adoption panels, paediatricians and panel chairs.
- To become more informed, concise and directive when reporting on adult health assessments for panels
- To be able to ensure that reports regarding adult health assessments are informed by and backed by research
- To be able to make the links between health issues and the impact on meeting the needs of adopted and looked after children
NB. This workshop runs alongside Child health assessments 4 June 2019, London.
Dr Mary Mather* - CoramBAAF Associate Trainer Consultant
*Facilitator subject to change
Registration 9.30am – 9.55am*
*Times subject to change
Full or associate CoramBAAF member £105.00 + £21.00 VAT - Total £126.00
Individual CoramBAAF member £85.00 + £17.00 VAT - Total £102.00
Non-member £130.00 + £26.00 VAT - Total £156.00
Adopters/Fosters carers £85.00 + £17.00 VAT - Total £102.00
Student discount for all fees 20%
Telephone 020 7520 2041/43
MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNT FOR WORKSHOPS
Don't forget to log into your account before checkout to receive your membership discount on workshop bookings. Not a member of CoramBAAF? Read about the benefits of CoramBAAF membership for individuals and organisations.
Need help logging in? If you’re having trouble logging in, please see this page for help.