Analysing adult health assessments is a key element of assessing adopters and foster carers. This includes providing reports and evidence-based comments so that panels can reach appropriate decisions. This workshop is designed to support medical advisers in their role. It is particularly suitable for new or inexperienced medical advisers.
This workshop will consider the Medical Adviser's role in adult health assessments for foster carers and adoptive parents. It will address:
- what you need to know to be a good Medical Adviser in adoption and fostering;
- how to interpret adult health assessments and provide quality medical advice to adoption and fostering agencies and panels;
- the principles of adult health assessments, including examples of complex and challenging situations;
- adult health advice in special guardianship situations;
- the issues that arise from adult health reports brought to panels including obesity, smoking, alcohol and mental health and chronic disease.
On open courses we can accommodate a maximum of four delegates from one organisation only. For a larger group booking, please see the information on commissioned training.
Undertaking a health assessment is designed to help health professionals to utilise the various CoramBAAF health forms that contribute to comprehensive evidence-based health assessments of looked after children, including those with an adoption plan, and prospective foster carers, adopters and kinship carers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Medical advisers to fostering and adoption panels, paediatricians and panel chairs.
- To become more informed and be able to provide high quality advice when reporting on adult health assessments for panels
- To be able to ensure that reports regarding adult health assessments are informed by and backed by research
- To be able to make the links between adult health issues and the impact on meeting the needs of adopted and looked after children
NB. This workshop runs alongside Child health assessments.
Dr Carolyn Sampeys and Dr Lindsay Groves
*Times subject to change
Full or associate CoramBAAF member £105.00 + £21.00 VAT - Total £126.00
Individual CoramBAAF member £85.00 + £17.00 VAT - Total £102.00
Non-member £130.00 + £26.00 VAT - Total £156.00
Adopters/Fosters carers £85.00 + £17.00 VAT - Total £102.00
Student discount for all fees 20%
Telephone 020 7520 2043
MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNT FOR WORKSHOPS
Don't forget to log into your account before checkout to receive your membership discount on workshop bookings. Not a member of CoramBAAF? Read about the benefits of CoramBAAF membership for individuals and organisations.
Need help logging in? If you’re having trouble logging in, please see this page for help.