Core benefits of Full membership
As a Full member you will receive / have the opportunity to access the following benefits and services:
- High quality professional advice and information services including specialist advice on health and legal practice issues in England and Wales from CoramBAAF's team of experts.
- Authoritative and informative practice guides of topical interest, written by experts, with multiple copies (where applicable) for your staff depending on agency size.
- Timely specialist briefings from our experts on topical issues.
- Subscription to Adoption & Fostering, our highly regarded, peer-reviewed quarterly journal, covering new developments in childcare policy, practice and research UK-wide and globally, and complete online access to backfile records plus online access to the Journal of Social Work and Qualitative Social Work.
- Attendance at our advisory groups, special interest groups and regional Practice Forums providing opportunities to contribute to shaping policy and practice and responding to public consultations.
- CoramBAAF Adoption & Fostering Digest, the only comprehensive monthly ebulletin containing information on policy, legislation, research and parliamentary affairs UK-wide, delivered to your in-box.
- Exclusive access to the members' area of the CoramBAAF website packed with information and resources including practice and advice notes, sample health and social report forms, some books, guides and much more.
- Exclusive access to the Locating Adoption Records database on the Adoption, Search and Reunion website.
- Unlimited access to a variety of fostering and health assessment forms for all independent fostering provider members.
- CoramBAAF News, the monthly member newsletter.
- Attractive discounts on bespoke training, workshops and conferences in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and books
- Member discounts for our UK-wide electronic forms licence scheme which includes revised Social and medical report forms devised by experts
- Regular membership mailings including information on the latest events, resources and other services.
Additional member benefits in England
- Representation on your behalf on key government committees including the Adoption and Special Guardianship Leadership Board.
- Opportunities to attend 10 free learning events: 4 conferences and 6 workshops held in England (one representative per agency and on a first come first served basis).
- Free membership of the IFP Forum for all independent fostering provider members.
- Unlimited access to our Fostering Service Monitoring Report Form (England) for all independent fostering provider members and local authority fostering teams in England.
Additional member benefits in Wales
CoramBAAF is working in collaboration with the Association for Fostering and Adoption (AFA Cymru) to deliver a range of services including:
- Representation on your behalf on key Welsh government committees and forums including the National Fostering Framework, the National Adoption Service and the Improving Outcomes for Children Ministerial Advisory Group.
- Opportunities to book one place at two of CoramBAAF's free member conferences held in England (one representative per agency and on a first come first served basis).
- Opportunities to participate in specialist groups including the Independent Reviewing Officers, Kinship Care, Medical Advisers, Legal Advisers and North Wales Panels Chairs Groups, all convened by AFA Cymru.
- Specialist advice and discounts for AFA Cymru training.
- AFA Cymru Legal Bulletin simplifying legislation and interpreting case law.
Is your organisation already a member?
If they are then so are you. Find out by typing the name of your organisation in the box below. If it appears in the list you can quickly create an account and immediately gain access to your membership benefits.
|Membership Type||Fee Structure|
|Local Authorities||Fees are based on the population size of the local authority|
|Voluntary Adoption Agencies||Fees are based on the turnover of the agency, starting at £613.00 + VAT for charities and £711.72 + VAT for non charities|
|Fostering Agencies||Fees cover both membership and the licence agreement for forms and are based on the turnover of the agency, starting at £643.66 + VAT for charities and £747.30 + VAT for non charities|
|Regional Adoption Agencies||Please contact the Membership Manager for further information|
VAT - The proportion of the fee that is allocated to publications is zero rated for VAT.
* Fees valid until 31 March 2021
- Download, print and complete our application form. Return it to: Membership, CoramBAAF Adoption and Fostering Academy, Coram Campus, 41 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AZ.
- Contact the Membership team.