Core benefits of Full membership
As a Full member you will receive / have the opportunity to access the following benefits and services:
- High quality professional advice and information service including specialist advice on health and legal practice issues in England and Wales from CoramBAAF's team of experts.
- Authoritative and informative practice guides of topical interest, written by experts, with multiple copies (where applicable) for your staff depending on agency size.
- Timely specialist briefings from our experts on topical issues.
- Subscription to Adoption & Fostering Journal, our highly regarded, peer-reviewed quarterly journal, covering new developments in childcare policy, practice and research UK-wide and globally, and complete online access to backfile records plus online access to the Journal of Social Work and Qualitative Social Work.
- Attendance at our special interest groups and Practice Forums providing opportunities to contribute to shaping policy and practice and responding to public consultations.
- CoramBAAF Adoption & Fostering Digest, the only comprehensive monthly ebulletin containing information on policy, legislation, research and parliamentary affairs UK-wide, delivered to your in-box.
- Exclusive access to the member only content on the CoramBAAF website including free books and guides, briefings, practice notes and advice notes to support you in your work.
- Exclusive access to the Locating Adoption Records database on the Adoption, Search and Reunion website.
- Unlimited access to a variety of fostering and health assessment forms for all independent fostering provider members.
- CoramBAAF News, the monthly member newsletter.
- Attractive discounts on training, books and our UK-wide electronic forms licence scheme which includes revised Social and medical report forms devised by experts.
Additional member benefits in England
- Representation on your behalf on key government committees including the Adoption and Special Guardianship Leadership Board.
- Opportunities to attend some free learning events including conferences, workshops and webinars held in England (one representative per agency and on a first come first served basis).
- Free membership of the IFP Forum for all independent fostering provider members.
- Unlimited access to our Fostering Service Monitoring Report Form (England) for all independent fostering provider members and local authority fostering teams in England.
Additional member benefits in Wales
CoramBAAF is working in collaboration with the Association for Fostering and Adoption Wales (AFA Cymru) to deliver a range of services including:
- Representation on your behalf on key Welsh government committees and forums including the National Fostering Framework, the National Adoption Service and the Improving Outcomes for Children Ministerial Advisory Group.
- Opportunities to book one place at two of CoramBAAF's free member conferences held in England (one representative per agency and on a first come first served basis).
- Opportunities to participate in specialist groups including the Independent Reviewing Officers, Kinship Care, Medical Advisers, Legal Advisers and North Wales Panels Chairs Groups, all convened by AFA Cymru.
- Specialist advice and discounts for AFA Cymru training.
- AFA Cymru Legal Bulletin simplifying legislation and interpreting case law.
Full membership in Scotland
Full membership for agencies and organisations in Scotland is delivered in partnership with AFA Scotland. Details can be found on the AFA Scotland website.
Is your organisation already a member?
If they are then so are you. Find out by typing the name of your organisation in the box below. If it appears in the list you can quickly create an account and immediately gain access to your membership benefits.
|Membership Type||Fee Structure|
|Local Authorities||Fees are based on the population size of the local authority|
|Voluntary Adoption Agencies||Fees are based on the turnover of the agency, starting at £613.00 + VAT for charities and £711.72 + VAT for non charities|
|Fostering Agencies||Fees cover both membership and the licence agreement for forms and are based on the turnover of the agency, starting at £643.66 + VAT for charities and £747.30 + VAT for non charities|
|Regional Adoption Agencies||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information|
VAT - The proportion of the fee that is allocated to publications is zero rated for VAT.
* Fees valid until 31 March 2022
- Download, print and complete our application form. Return it to: Membership, CoramBAAF Adoption and Fostering Academy, Coram Campus, 41 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AZ.
- Contact the Membership team.