The CoramBAAF Legal Group provides members with a forum to consider recent case law on aspects of adoption and fostering and child care practice. It facilitates the exchange of information about policy and research developments relevant to legal advice and case proceedings. It gives members a voice on national and regional issues to influence policy of Government and the development of legal practice in the child and family law arena.
Benefits for members
- Information and advice relevant to barristers, solicitors and para legals in public and private family and child care practice including those advising in court proceedings and those who are legal advisers to adoption and fostering panels
- Provides training opportunities and seminars consistent with CPD requirements
- Networking and liaison with other legal practitioners
- Access to briefing notes, policy documents, reports, publications and research
- Members of the group are eligible to be nominated to join the Legal Group Advisory Committee as and when vacancies arise.
- Access to minutes of the Legal Group Advisory Committee (discussions address recent judgements, changes in Government policy, emerging issues, projects, consultations and best practice recommendations)