CoramBAAF Publishing Manager, Jo Francis, engages in an insightful conversation with authors Victoria Sharley and Alyson Rees, delving into the intricacies of their Good Practice Guide. The interview explores the challenges associated with diagnosing neglect in looked after children and highlights the nuanced ways in which its impact can vary among individuals.
LISTEN TO THE CONVERSATION
READ THE TRANSCRIPT
We have provided a transcript for this podcast episode to enhance accessibility and make the content available to a broader audience.
READ THE BOOK
The guide is designed to be a practical text for busy social workers and other practitioners in a range of services responsible for safeguarding children. With its easy to digest format and authoritative advice, this guide is a vital companion for all those working for and concerned with children’s welfare.
- Working with children experiencing neglect: challenges and solutions
- Independent Review of Children’s Social Care (MacAlister, 2022)
- Working Together to Safeguard Children - A guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Working Together to Safeguard Children: changes to statutory guidance
- Identifying and Responding to Child Neglect within Schools: Differing Perspectives and the Implications for Inter-Agency Practice
- Responding to child neglect in schools: messages for inter-agency safeguarding practice