CORE COURSE OUTLINE. Visit our learning events programme to see full details of our future workshops, conference and seminars.
The role of the supervising social worker is complex, involving managerial, supervisory, educative and support functions. This course provides supervising social workers an opportunity to review their role and responsibilities in relation to foster carers and to consider the development of best practice.
Who should attend?
- Supervising social workers
- Fostering managers
Participants will be able to:
- Increase their understanding of the supervisory requirements of supervising social workers, in line with fostering legislation
- Review the roles and responsibilities of the supervising social worker in relation to safeguarding children and young people
- Consider supervisory styles and techniques in order to develop best practice
- Explore methods and ways of supporting foster carers and developing their skills