CORE COURSE OUTLINE. Visit our learning events programme to see full details of our future workshops, conference and seminars.
Agency decision makers have a vital role to play and this is reflected in the statutory guidance and standards for adoption and fostering services. However, many workers are little prepared for this role and lack opportunities to share dilemmas and discuss best practice. This course provides a forum for exploring a range of issues as well as providing useful templates for self-audit and future decision making.
Who should attend?
- Agency decision makers
- Workers anticipating taking on an agency decision making role
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of the implications of some of the most recent judgements relating to agency decision making
- Reflect on the process of decision making in the context of the fostering and adoption regulations
- Consider ways to ensure that the basis of decision making is sound and that decisions are communicated effectively
- Explore how to conduct appraisals of panel chairs
- Understand of quality assurance issues, including quality of minutes