The Northern Ireland Core Licence consists of the forms listed below needed for health and social work reports for domestic adoption, fostering, kinship care and other substitute care in Northern Ireland under licence agreement.
Listed below are the forms used for all child and adult social and health assessment in Northern Ireland.
Adult Health Assessment
Form AH (Adult Health) (2022) Adult health report on prospective applicants for fostering / adoption / intercountry adoption / special guardianship / short break / respite care / kinship care / other care.
Form AH2 (Adult Health) (2022) Update report on health of prospective adopter or carer.
Child Health Assessment
1. Consent Form 2018 - Consent by birth parent / child or young person / other adult with parental responsibility or agency for obtaining and sharing health information
2. Form B Neonatal Report on child 2018
3. Form CR-C 2018 - Carers' report - Profile of behavioural and emotional well-being of a child aged 0 - 9 years
4. Form CR-YP 2018 - Carers' report - Profile of behavioural and emotional well-being of a child or young person aged 10 - 16 years
5. Form IHA-C 2018 - Initial health assessment - recommended for children from birth to 9 years
6. Form IHA-YP 2018 – Initial health assessment – recommended for young persons aged 10-16 years
7. Form M 2018 - Obstetric report on mother
8. Form PH 2018 - Report on health of birth parent
9. Form RHA-C 2018 - Review health assessment - recommended for children from birth to 9 years
10. Form RHA-YP 2018 - Review health assessment - recommended for children and young persons aged 10-16 years
Adoption and Fostering forms
Form APP (Adoption Placement Plan) (2019)
Form IA (Inter Agency UK wide) Adoption Placement Plan (2022) Inter-Agency Form. This version has been updated to include agreements for placements made between LAs and RAAs and between LAs, RAAs and VAAs. It also includes guidance for placements made between LAs/RAAs but please note there are some different expectations that apply to placements made with VAAs. Read about the associated fees for these placements.
Form CAR-NI (Child’s Adoption Report Northern Ireland) (2018)
Form SAR (Sibling Assessment Report (SAR) (2021)
Form F (Adoption and Permanence Northern Ireland) (2020)
Form F (Fostering Northern Ireland) (2016)
Checks and References Resources
(2017, partially updated 2019 and 2022) for use with all of our family and carer assessment forms: Form CAR-NI (Child’s Adoption Report Northern Ireland) (2018); Form F (Adoption and Permanence Northern Ireland) (2020); Form F (Fostering Northern Ireland) (2016):
Consent to checks and references (2019)
Personal reference form (2019)
Interview record and analysis form (2017)
Home safety check (2019)
Dog assessment form (2017)
Pet assessment form (2017)
Financial statement and checklist (2022)
Former partner check (2019)
Employment and voluntary activity form (2019)
School and nursery reference form (2019)
Licence fees are calculated on different criteria according to the type of organisation and in the case of a local authority, the number of children in your care.
To find out how much a licence would be for your organisation, apply for a quote below.
Members receive a 50% discount on licence fees. More about membership benefits