Advice Line Q&A
Read our answer to an Advice Line query about whether a child can stay with a sibling whilst their foster carer is on holiday.Read more
Adoption and Fostering journal special collection
Remember to sign in to your website account to access restricted articles!
Are you listening? Echoing the voices of looked after children about their transition to secondary school (Mar 2021)
Yvonne J Francis et al.
How adopters’ and foster carers’ perceptions of ‘family’ affect communicative openness in post-adoption contact interactions (Dec 2021)
Fiona Mcleod et al.
The needs of carers: Applying a hierarchy of needs to a foster and kinship care context (July 2019)
Josh Fergeus et al.
CoramBAAF Conversations | How 16- and 17-year-olds feel they should be supported
Watch our conversation with Coram Voice. Linda Briheim-Crookall shares research findings from the Bright Spots Programme, and considers how 16- and 17-year-olds feel they should be supported.Listen here
Your reading list
Based on the theme of support we have selected the titles in our bookshop which we think will help you to take care of the children and carers that you work with.
- Digital life story work by Simon P Hammond and Neil J Cooper
- Life story work by Tony Ryan and Rodger Walker
- The adopter's handbook on education by Eileen Fursland
- The adopter’s handbook on education (Scotland) by Alison Rennie Parkinson and Eileen Fursland
- The foster carer's handbook on education by Sarah Alix with Eileen Fursland and Nicola Hill
- The foster carer's handbook on health by Hannah Smith and Nikki Shepherd
- The adopter's handbook by Amy Neil Salter